As you can not export lists from WSUS Management Console, you will need to install SQL Management Studio and connect to the Windows Internal Database (WID) hosting WSUS - or an external database in the event your not using WID!
Clients can get updates from WSUS, but they are all unable to report status.
I've managed to get it sorted and MS have now issued a fix, it seems to be fairly wide spread but can take a while for you to realise that your clients have stopped updating.
Wsus clients stopped updating
- Service: "DNS Server", error: "The network is not present or not started" - See ME954423.
- Service: "Ops Mgr Health Service" - See ME948731. - Service: "Task Scheduler", error: "The endpoint mapper database entry could not be created" - See ME930220.
- Service: "Automatic Updates", error: "The class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller" - See "Automatic Updates Service Terminated".
- Service: "Microsoft i SCSI Initiator Service", error: "A required privilege is not held by the client" - See ME909585.
I am having problems installing Windows apps from Windows Store on a workstation computer that is a Windows 8 client joined to Active Directory domain with WSUS and Proxy configured.
Using proxy is disabled on this workstation and running Net Sh returns: C:\Windows\system32netsh winhttp show proxy Current Win HTTP proxy settings: Direct access (no proxy server).
- Service: "IPSEC Services", error: "The system cannot find the file specified" - See ME870910 and ME912023.
- Service: "Intruder Alert Agent v3.6.1", error: "The network request is not supported" - See "Symantec Knowledge Base Document ID: 2004123009343753".
Win HTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service (Win Http Auto Proxy Svc) is stopped and set to Disabled on this workstation to prevent from using proxy.
Windows Update retrieves updates directly from Microsoft web service without contacting local corporate Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server (because otherwise WU fails to retrieve updates for Windows 8).
Welcome to Windows Vista Tips, your resource for help for any tech support and computing help with Windows Vista..